What is Residential and Nursing Care?
Residential and Nursing Care offers 24-hour assistance to people with dementia who need more intensive, full-time support.
EachStep Blackley offers specialist residential and nursing care that is focussed on enabling people with dementia to live happier, more independent, lives. With our purpose designed, state-of-the-art service and specially trained staff, we offer can offer you the very best in dementia care.
What we offer
Our home features four residential and nursing households, each supporting 12 people: Charlestown, The Clough, The Howells and Woodlands. These households have been purpose designed to promote the independence, safety and wellbeing of people with dementia, applying the latest innovation and research in dementia care, yet still feel homely and welcoming.
Who will be supporting me?
Our residential and nursing households are supported by a range of staff who are specially trained to deliver excellent dementia care and support.
• Your Key Worker – your dedicated staff member who will take lead responsibility for supporting you and planning the support you will receive.
• Care & Activity Workers – staff with a dual role of offering support and also providing stimulating and engaging activities.
• Advanced Practice Dementia Nurse
• Dementia Occupational Therapist Practitioner
All our staff members will spend time with you and your family, getting to know you, your personality, interests and life history, to ensure that you are given a service that really meets your needs, likes and dislikes.
What facilities are on offer?
• Large communal living spaces, offering a range of facilities for leisure and activity including: comfortable, homely lounges, spacious kitchenettes, and balconies with a wonderful view of our gardens.
• Roomy, en-suite bedroom, with flat-screen TV’s which have been specially designed to be comfortable and accessible to people with dementia.
• Large beautifully landscaped gardens, designed to give an amaxing sensory experience to people with dementia.